Thursday, August 27, 2009

Thank you!


Such a Wonderful Phrase! I like being able to say Thank you!

Today, one of my dearest friends brought a gift by my office: A Painting in Watercolor of my Grandfather's Barn. In reality I did commission the work, but that should not take away from the Thanks I feel for such wonderful work presented to me.
The picture at right is a recent photo. In the next post, I'll include a shot of the painting.
Many times our memories deceive us. I looked at this photo of the old barn, and truly is looks like an Old Decrepit Barn! My memories don't recall it with so much rust and dust however. I remember putting hay into the loft from the age of 6! Then it was a Massive structure. I got to work with my grandfather's lifelong friends, Harry Clemons, Bob Lowery and others. They treated me like a fellow worker even though I probably got in the way more than they needed until I was 15 or 16. By then I was old enough and strong enough to drive the tractors and trucks around the farm and throw hay bails up onto the wagon.
Memories are funny, one persons delightful childhood event is another persons awful childhood memory. Too bad. If we all could remember only the best and forget the worst, Thank You might be heard more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Morning will come.

Morning will come.
No matter how dark the night!