Thursday, March 26, 2009

Happy Anniversary Baby, Got You on my Mind

21 years ago, I married Laurie. We dated for more than a year and were engaged more than 9 months. At the time, I was a sailor in the U.S. Navy; she was an attorney at the lawfirm of Maguire, Voorhis and Wells in Orlando. I do not know the secret to a happy marriage; in reality I have learned more about marriage from the couples I counsel in Divorce cases. Many petty squabbles will doom any marriage not based in Mutual Love and Respect. Marriage is in fact a Partnership. Both parties must give. How much? Not 50/50. Each party must give 100% effort to the cause for a marriage to last. Even then, health concerns later in life can strain even the best marriage. Practicing in Elder Law and Family Law has allowed me to work with people who after 40, 50 and even 60 years have decided to end their marriage. This truly puts my 21 years into perspective. That said, I love you, Laurie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Morning will come.

Morning will come.
No matter how dark the night!