Wednesday, March 3, 2010

WOW - February is gone and March is Here!!!

Where did the Month go??? Two posts this year? Not enough! Not Nearly Enough!!

I am reading three books:

Words to Lead By, by Skip Moen

Life Safari, by John P. Strelecky

and Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol.

I recommend Strelecky's book as an intro to Africa. I want to go!

Unfortunately, I have five other books on my desk I need to finish before finding another to start.

Oh and I almost forgot, His Excellency George Washington, by Joseph J. Ellis. Really enjoying this one - great history never taught. My favorite quote of a letter from George Washington to his friend, whom he had just hired to manage his estate:

"As you are now receiving my Money, your time is not your own; and that every day or hour misapplied, is a loss to me, do not therefore under a belief that, as a friendship has long subsisted between us, many things may be overlooked in you . . . I shall consider you in no other light than as a Man who has engaged his time and Service to conduct and manage my Interest . . . and shall seek redress if you do not, just as soon from you as an entire stranger."

Talk about direct!!! I can think of a few people to whom I whould like George Washington to have directed his ire.

When hiring an attorney, you are buying time and talents. "An attorneys time and experience are his stock in trade." The hiring of an attorney is not to be taken lightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Morning will come.

Morning will come.
No matter how dark the night!