Thursday, March 4, 2010

Paper My Office

An attorney recently promised to "Paper (my) office with everything we have." Since this was a relatively new attorney, not young in years but in practice, I tried not to take offense at what is normally a derogatory statement. By most attorney's understanding,
"papering an office" implies "we will bury you in paper so you can't possibly respond to it all."

Unfortunately, this attorney did not follow through. Although she has made significant and slanderous allegations against my client, no "paper" has been provided showing even a hint of wrongdoing by my client. Still the bold assertions of opposing counsel are expected to make me disbelieve in my client's cause and undermine my confidence in her case.

Worse than the implications of this attorney toward my own client are her failures to live up to the standard she advertises. "Dove Attorney" and Christian Symbols on a website should warn potential clients this person cannot be trusted. If you have to rely on something beyond your own legal experience to assure a client of your legal abilities, well, nuff said.

Sorry to rant here, but I am offended that someone who advertises under the words "Christian Attorney" could be so deceitful and offensive to a fellow attorney, much less to a fellow human being.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Morning will come.

Morning will come.
No matter how dark the night!