Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Happy Birthday to My Son

Words are inadequate to express the love of a father for his only son. In my son, I see all my hopes and dreams, yet I cannot help but acknowledge the fears and regrets as well. For all the times I was too busy to play his game, or watch his TV show, or play legos, or build forts, I will be forever sorry. But for all the things I have taught him over the years, for all the days we have explored National Parks, Hiked Trails, Swam in Springs, Climbed Mountains, visited Stadiums, and so many more places, I will be forever thankful.

J.R. took my highschool name as his own several years ago. I have to admit I almost cried when at a wrestling match, a cute girl yelled for him during warmups. Today, my baby is 16, and I feel older than dirt.

Forgive me not writing more, but I am off to let him drive me around on several errands to visit clients and deliver special documents.

Happy Birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Morning will come.

Morning will come.
No matter how dark the night!